Monday, September 10, 2007

L'Engle Confession

Along with many others, I was saddened to hear that Madeline L'Engle died last week. I remember reading A Wrinkle in Time along with all of the other books in that series when I was in 5th grade or so. And I enjoyed the books, even though the physics was beyond me. I'll bet I can even dig up my old book report on it. I wish I be as memorable and thoughtful in my comments as some of my colleagues Barb, but, and here's the confession part, whenever I hear A Wrinkle in Time mentioned, all I can think about is the trauma I suffered from that book.

A Wrinkle in Time
was the first (and possibly only, okay probably, just the first) library book I ever lost! I remember the getting the notice from the library and being very upset because I knew that I returned it. I was sure of it! And I couldn't find it anywhere. Not even under the bed. For a 5th grade book nerd who never (HA!) did anything wrong, this was bad, very bad. See...I'm still traumatized! Just as long as the BCPL Police don't open their cold case files and come after me, I should be fine. Relatively speaking that is.

No comments: