Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Thing #21: In which Stacey listens to some podcasts

Right around the time I was starting to look at podcasts, I saw this from the comic strip Zits.
Jeremy is obviously a digital native and the irony is awesome! :)

I am not necessarily one for podcasts. They are not things I actively look for, but if I find something interesting, I'll give it a listen. I did try out the various podcast directories, and quite frankly, I found them a bit more trouble than they are worth (to me, at least). The searching was a bit clunky and you had to wade through a lot of stuff to possibly find something that I was interested. Also, many of the podcasts seemed old, so not necessarily what I was looking for.

Since I heard Garrison Keillor's speech from ALA, I decided to look for some podcasts with him. I was more successful googling "Garrison Keillor podcasts" than using any of the directories. The first hit from Google was A Prarie Home Companion's podcast page. From there, I was able to add the podcast to my iGoogle page.

I will confess that this was the most disappointing of my 23 Things. Especially since I was halfway through my post when Mozilla crashed on me and I had to start over.

Despite this, I am enjoying listening to the latest news from Lake Wobegone.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

I loved this when we were doing the podcast excercise. I'm glad you posted it to your blog. I love that comic strip.

MammaGiovanna said...

Thanks for your thoughts on this most frustrating of "things" to date. Added a PS to my post including the Zits comic strip. When I'm confused about a "thing," yours is the first blog I visit for "advice."