Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Thing #23!!! In which Stacey does the happy dance because she is DONE!!



Wow! I can't believe I did the whole thing!

I found this to be a very interesting and informative experience. I was given an excuse/incentive to look at some things I've only heard about. I certainly feel better for the experience and for the knowledge gained. I also feel more plugged into the Library 2.0 concept. There are still some things that aren't necessarily my cup of tea, but knowing about them is helpful.

Wouldn't this be an interesting idea to offer to customers? Adapted for them, of course, but we could be quite user-friendly by offering customers an opportunity to become more User 2.0. It would certainly tie-in with life-long learning!

I was able to blast through these things for one reason only. I spent A LOT of time doing these at home. Not so much because I had to, but because I wanted to. Many were fun to do and I didn't mind spending the time. Also, this came right at the time of my transition from Glenwood to Miller. I wanted this to be off my plate as early as possible so I'd be free to concentrate on my new surroundings. I know most people will take much longer to do this, because it is hard to carve out time. One suggestion is to have people work in pairs or a small groups for some of the things, mainly because it's fun to bounce ideas off of one another and it seems to go faster when you work together.

I always enjoy learning and trying new things, so I would enjoy taking another learning journey such as this one.

Thanks for the opportunity!
mahjchick aka stacey

1 comment: