Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Thing #7: In which Stacey shares a rant about digital cameras (and other technology things)



As techie as I may seem, I'm still old-fashioned in some ways. For example, I truly despise the branch cameras we currently have. Too small and hello...some people still like to use a viewfinder, thank you very much. And here's something scary. When I went booktalking, I asked the art teacher to take a picture (for part of my United Tates of America) booktalk. The first picture he took was very far away. For the next picture, I explained how to use the telephoto feature and he said he couldn't figure out how to see the actual picture. The screen was turned off (I never take pictures that way...too awkward for me). I explained that the camera actually had a viewfinder and he could look through that. Oh.....

Oy vey!

Anyway, here's a picture from the booktalking. Not from the school mentioned above, but this one came out better. And why are the girls holding things in front of their faces? Read United Tates of America, by Paula Danziger, to find out! (Such the librarian!)

update....
This was originally post Thing# 5 1/2, but when I went back, I realized it actually was the beginning of what was needed for Thing #7. Related to my thoughts about the digital camera....
I guess since I was born in 1970, I'm what Jaye calls a Technology Immigrant, although I feel more like that first generation techie. But I think there are times that I feel like an old codger by saying "No! Give me the old-fashioned way.! Digital cameras are on the borderline of that--I accept some advancements, but not all. TiVo is another. I'm sure one of these days I'll get sucked in, but for right now, my feeling is that I watch way too much TV as it is. This would just enable the habit even more!

No comments: